Our Legal Support group provides expertise in a wide range of areas from recordal of IP agreements to disputes concerning patents, trade marks, designs and domain names.
Most of our work within the group is of a non-contentious nature. We typically work with clients and their legal existing advisors. However, we can put together bespoke legal teams to deal with highly complex matters, such as multi-jurisdictional patent disputes involving chemical and biotech patents.
Our group also boasts two of fewer than 100 patent attorneys in the whole of the UK who are permitted to act as Patent Litigators.
We always focus on commercial results and seek to avoid disputes unless they are necessary to meet specific commercial objectives.
Typical areas of specialism include:
- Management and strategic use of intellectual property rights.
- Due diligence, including preparing reports for fund-raising procedures, such as stock market listings; and assessing third party IP rights prior to collaborations, mergers, acquisition or licensing.
- Recordal of changes of name and title worldwide.
- Drafting and recordal of licences and assignments worldwide.
- Litigation support and management of intellectual property right disputes, including multi-jurisdictional disputes concerning patents, trade marks, designs and domain names.