This online workshop is designed to give young but ambitious businesses the knowledge and support they need to ensure their intellectual property (IP) is playing the part it should in maximising the value of their business.
In part 1 we will be looking at what IP is, how you use it and how you create an IP strategy that will help you achieve your goals and, more crucially, increase revenue.
In part 2 we will look at ‘soft IP’ - your brand, designs, trade secrets and copyrightable materials, how to protect your brand once it hits your target market’s attention whether that’s via shop shelves, the internet, the media or social media. We will then explain how you can use your IP to attract funding by showing investors exactly what they want to see from a potential investment.
In addition to this concise but comprehensive tour of the commercial side of IP, each attendee will also be offered a free ‘1on1 clinic’ with the most relevant member of our team to discuss how they can use their IP to drive their business forward.
- Part 1: An introduction to IP and how you can use a fully formed IP strategy to maximise the value of your business
- 10:00 - 11:00: What is IP and why do I need it?
- 11:00 - 12:00: IP strategy
- Session 2: How to use ‘soft IP’ to add even more value to your business and how to use your IP portfolio to attract investment
- 12:30 - 13:30: 'Soft IP'
- 13:30 - 14:30: Using IP to attract investment
- This session will close with a Q&A session and then the offer of a free virtual '1on1 clinic' with the most relevant/best qualified attorney from our London office.
Register for the event here.
This workshop is part of the Innovate Humber business support project, in order to attend your business must be registered with HMRC and confirmed as eligible.
- Your business is a small or medium-sized enterprise (SME’s) operating in the Humber region.
- You employ fewer than 250 persons.
- Have an annual turnover not exceeding €50 million (approx. £39,000,000), and/or an annual balance sheet total not exceeding €43 million (approx. £33,000,000).
- The business is registered with HMRC for business tax purposes.
The Innovate Humber project is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) under the Operation Programme for England Fund and aims to build the skills and resilience of small to medium sized businesses (1-250 employees) including sole traders across the Humber region.
Find out more here.