Our contentious specialisms include:
· Expert opinions on all aspects of intellectual property litigation.
· - Representation in the UKIPO and all English courts including, IPEC, High Court (including appeals from UKPO), Court of Appeal and Supreme Court.
· - Representation in European venues: including EPO and EUIPO (the European Intellectual Property Office).
· - Strategic advice, particularly in the context of high value disputes and commercial issues.
· - Alternative Dispute Resolution, including Mediation and Arbitration.
· - Emergency court relief: interim injunctions including proprietary and non-proprietary freezing orders, preservation orders and search and seize orders.
· - Norwich Pharmacal
and pre-action disclosure applications.
· - Counterfeit and criminal IP enforcement, including via HMRC and Trading Standards.
· - Domain Name dispute resolution services.
· - Advice on breach of confidence, both in respect of trade secrets, ex-employee disputes, data-security breaches and to safeguard the privacy of the individual.
We provide non-contentious legal advice and support for IP issues, including due diligence and recordal services. All solicitors and attorneys are well placed to advise on any non-contentious IP issues likely to be relevant to our clients.
Our Non-Contentious Specialisms Include
Advising on and drafting:
· - National and multi-jurisdictional co-existence agreements.
· - IPR licences and agreements.
· - Collaboration agreements.
· - Supply agreements relating to IPR issues.
· - Non-disclosure agreements.
· - Miscellaneous commercial agreements relating to IPR issues.
Further, we provide design and copyright advice including in respect of musical, literary, dramatic and artistic works, including computer software, engineering drawings, maps and photographs. We also assist in establishing appropriate procedures for recording and marking copyright works.
Other legal support includes:
· - Management and strategic use of intellectual property rights.
· - Due diligence, including preparing reports for fundraising procedures (such as stock market listings) and assessing third-party IP rights prior to collaborations, mergers, acquisition or licensing.
· - Drafting undertakings and agreements.
· - Recordal of changes of name and assignments worldwide.
· - Recordal of licences worldwide.