Our IP solicitors, trade mark and patent attorneys specialise in protecting and commercialising the innovation produced by the creative industries
The creative industries cover everything from the media, publishing and the arts to fashion, advertising, communication and design.
The creative economy is already one of the world’s fastest growing and has been earmarked as a key growth area by governments all over the world who look to reverse the recent economic downturn. In fact, according to Deloitte, the creative industries could grow by as much as 40% by 2030, adding more than 8 million jobs to the world’s economy.
The next phase of development in the creative industries is likely to see unprecedented change to the way the sector operates and the way it will seek to satisfy the different markets.
Among the changes we expect to see is a greater use of shared IP as popular franchises seek to capitalise on their most popular stories, characters and worlds. There will also be a much more significant overlap between the digital and creative industries as AI, video, streaming and gaming platforms continue to take hold.
We also expect to see an increasingly creative mindset being incorporated into mainstream businesses.
Regardless of how the various creative industries develop, one thing is for sure - the ideas, creations, content and technology at the heart of creative businesses must be protected from misuse by competitors and forced to work as hard for you as they can.
HOW WILL POTTER CLARKSON'S IP SOLICITORS, TRADE MARK AND PATENT ATTONREYS HELP YOU PROTECT AND GROW YOUR BUSINESS?
Used correctly IP is an enormously powerful tool for the creative industries.
Not only does it protect the integrity of your original work, it also underpins the ongoing revenue stream you’ll need to continue to grow and develop. But to secure the maximum rewards, you need specialist advice.
Having worked with many clients across media, fashion, and the arts for many years, our specialist creative industries team provide exactly this advice.
Together we will:
- Advise you on the strategic use of all your intellectual property (IP) rights even when diversifying from your core business
- Enforce your rights against infringements
- Provide a wider commercial perspective to help you build strong brand and product portfolios
- Draft the commercial, IP and licensing agreements you need to capture, protect, and exploit your IP
- Explain how best to protect your brands in every part of the world
- Register your trade marks, designs and patents and protect your trade secrets internationally
- Provide infringement and validity opinions relating to all IP rights
- Defend your IP rights if in the event of court or IP registry proceedings
- Conduct appropriate pre-filing or freedom-to-operate searches for trade marks, designs and patents
- Provide trade mark watching services (including our best in class online brand protection service)