Our trade mark and patent attorneys and IP solicitors specialise in protecting and commercialising the intellectual property that drives the FMCG sector
Today FMCG is an umbrella term for a huge range of very different products.
FMCG covers everything from food and drink, fashion and clothing and personal health products through to household cleaning products. In fact, it covers any product repeatedly sold in a high-volume retail environment.
Regardless of the types of products you offer, the one thing they all have in common is they are all incredibly valuable global assets. However, making sure they hold their value requires a complex balancing act. You need to keep pace with your consumers’ mounting expectations whilst improving and adding to your product range and preserving instantly recognisable names.
This balancing act can be made easier by making absolutely sure the intellectual property (IP) behind your brand, your products, and your packaging is not only fully protected but also working as hard for you as they can. This is even more important in the FMCG sector given the exceptionally competitive and increasingly cut-throat nature of the global retail market.
This is where the trade mark attorneys, IP solicitors and patent attorneys in Potter Clarkson’s specialist FMCG team can help.
Whether you are a long-established heritage brand, a growing business or a young but ambitious newcomer, our multidisciplinary team has the specific experience you’ll need to make sure your products and brands achieve their maximum commercial value.
Together we will:
- Provide you with the advice you need to protect your brands in every part of the world
- Advise you on the most strategic use of all your IP rights
- Register your trade marks, designs and patents and protect your trade secrets throughout the world
- Provide infringement and validity opinions relating to trade marks, designs and patents
- Conduct appropriate pre-filing searches for trade marks, designs and patents
- Provide trade mark watching services (including our best in class online brand protection service)
- Defend your IP rights whether you are attacked via a trade mark or patent office or court proceedings
- Enforce your rights against competitors infringing your rights
- Draft the commercial, IP and licensing agreements you need to capture, protect, and exploit your IP
- Provide a wider commercial perspective you can use to build your brand and product portfolios